Class reunions are key to reuniting graduates, renewing relationships and linking the school to alumni. The Alumni Office is ready to assist with the planning of reunions and can act in an adviser and facilitator role for class reunion coordinators. The office can provide class lists and design, print, and mail invitations for reunion events. Use the Reunion planning suggestions here to assist you. We are happy to help make your reunion event a success.
If you would like to assist in planning your class reunion please contact the Alumni Office at (504)736-9969 or firstname.lastname@example.org. If you already have plans in place, please inform the Alumni Office so that we may assist you in any way possible.
- Class Agents form a reunion committee that will serve as the leadership group for planning the event. The committee should select a chair that will be the main liaison with the Alumni Office.
- Start brainstorming the format of your event. What type of event do you want? Formal or casual? Day or Night?
- Select a Date & Location. Many classes schedule their reunions to coordinate with Homecoming or Reunion Weekend. Additionally there are many locations on campus that could serve as a venue for your reunion. The Alumni Office will be happy to make recommendations and offer suggestions for both on and off campus locations.
- Reunion committee works on updating the class contact information and finding any “lost alums.”
- Reunion committee is in the final stages of deciding on the major items of the reunion events. Be sure location and date are reserved.
- A budget for events is created.
- If desired, Save the Dates are sent out.
- All plans will be nearing completion. Times, venues, costs, etc. are confirmed by committee. Any contracts should be finalized. The Reunion Chair touches base with the venues to verify all details.
- Rough draft of invitation is created.
- Committee makes “special requests,” such as photos, nametags, etc. to the Alumni Office.
- Sent out invitations, which include all details such as venues, times, costs, attire, etc.
- Review final to-do list.
- Gather decoration and supplies. Create signs and/ or banners. Prepare any items such as, nametags or other necessary welcoming items/favors for the reunion.
- Reunion Chair makes calls to unconfirmed classmates to verify attendance.