St. Martin’s is always looking to add to our substitute listing. Substitute Teachers assume the responsibility of the regular classroom teacher. Major job duties will include:
- Implementing the lesson plan in a manner that ensures the integrity of academic time and motivates students to learn and participate
- Instructing the students on a variety of classroom subjects and topics as provided in the lesson plan
- Maintaining a safe and positive classroom environment
- Working with students individually or in small groups to reinforce learning concepts that were presented in the lesson plan
- Effective written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to develop meaningful professional relationships with students, parent, and colleague
- Minimum Education Requirement: Must hold at least a Bachelor's degree. A teaching certification is a plus. Prior teaching experience preferred.
- Availability Work Schedule: Monday – Friday, Various Hours between 7:45 a.m. – 3:30 p.m. While most times you will have advance notification there will be times where you are called upon with little notice. This position is basically an on-call work schedule.
- All substitutes must be comfortable with computer-based scheduling and timekeeping
Compensation for Substitute Teachers:
Half-day rate: $40
Full-day rate: $80